Sunday, October 28, 2012

Cheese Potato (Video)


Cheese potato is not from Taiwan, 
but it is quite popular at Taiwanese Night Markets.
The combination of baked potato and cheese sauce is wonderful.
I love it so much.
I was going to buy cheese sauce, but I decided to make it by myself.
The result was amazing, my honey loved it so much.
I hope you can try it out and enjoy it.





Ingredients:

1Potato                          
2 slices turkey bacon               
2 tbsp canned corn

(You can add anything you like
hot dog, grilled chicken, beef, broccoli etc ) 


Cheese sauce ingredients:       
1 tbsp butter                   
1 tbsp all purpose flour    
100 ml milk                     
1/2 cup onions                 
4 slices cheddar cheese   
salt & pepper to taste       






How to:

1. Preheat the oven to 350℉, then bake the potato for 60-70mins.
    (You can microwave the potato, it takes less then 10mins. 
      But I prefer to bake it. coz the smell of baked potato is much better)

2. Wait until the potato is almost done. (20 mins before)
3. Heat a pan on medium-high heat, no oil. (I use nonstick pan)
4. Cook bacon until crisp then add corn until hot, set aside.

Cheese sauce
5. Heat a saucepan on low heat, add butter until melted
6. Add all purpose flour, whisk together butter and flour until become batter .
7. Add milk to the batter, then mix well.
8. Add onions, salt and pepper, then cook until thickened.
9. Discard the onions.
10. Add cheddar cheese and mix until smooth. (If it's too thick, add more milk)

11. Cut the potato in half lengthwise but not all the way through
12. Mash the potato by a fork.
13. Top with bacon and corn
14. Pour the cheese sauce
15. Sprinkle with parsley, if desired. Serve hot.






Tutorial of Cheese Potato   Please subscribe to my Youtube Channel 




Like me on Facebook


Yu's Pink Kitchen 粉紅廚房

Promote Your Page Too

No comments:

Post a Comment